Wednesday 6 January 2010

Entering ISTD


As I haven't updated this in a while I thought I Would talk about what I'm working on at the minute. After deciding to enter the ISTD competition, I chose the brief to interpret the number 100. That is all. At first the brief seem amazing, so open and free, and felt like a could have lots of fun with it.

Although, after a couple of weeks I realised it is actually TOO open, and I need to create some more restrictions within the brief to get me on route to a final piece. After the 100th soldier of 2009 died in Iraq. i began to look at what other news headlines had used the number 100, and there is quite a few which paint a picture of the year 2009 quite accurately. So I now have a series of headlines which I am playing with, printing them on to different materials such as old newspapers etc.

Finals to follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment